Monday, May 16, 2016

Hey! Hallo it’s me again


Life took over. I guess that is the only thing I can say about my very long absence. In my last post I told you about going on holiday, which was pretty awesome. The months since then were filled with family, study, reading and a lot of other not important but very time consuming activities.

Am I back now? I sure hope. I really missed blogging, but it never really seamed to be the time to start again. Now it feels right.

P1010984 bijgesneden en verkleind

Do you know Fibonacci? It is a mathematician who defined a certain sequence which is quite easy; 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, ….
This is what I used as starting point for a new pattern.

P1010995

In this pattern  the colours change according to the Fibonacci sequence. With a lot of different colours this results in a very happy cheerful knitting, but you can also limit yourself to just one colour, but then different shades.

P1010944 bijgesneden

I’ve made a pattern with descriptions of both a cowl and an infinity scarf. The instructions are written, with a chart. It is a nice, quite easy pattern, perfect if you want to learn how to knit with 2 strands.

I hope you like it!

Groetjes, Dorien

6 comments:

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Dorien! So good to hear from you! I hope you are well and I'm looking for to keep in touch again! Your new pattern is beautiful, fun and the idea is perfect! I'm so bad with mathematics but this is exactly for me! I won't have much time for blogging or anything else than work during the summer but hope to see you more in autumn! x Teje
PS. my new address is www.nerospostbox.wordpress.com

nelleke markesteijn said...

Ha Dorien, je komt wel meteen terug met een knaller!
Wat een mooi patroon heb je weer ontworpen. Zowel de kleurige scarf als de col met kleurnuances zijn prachtig! Wat geeft dat een leuk effect, die enkele steekjes in een andere kleur!
Leuk om jouw mooie werk weer te kunnen volgen. Welcome back ;-).
Groetjes, Nelleke

Macy Sevilla said...

I love it. I get the idea for the next winter.

Maxine D said...

Welcome Dorien - so good to see you back here.
Love your knitting 0 it's almost enough to make me get my needles our again :-)
Blessings
Maxine

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful pattern.

Sandra said...

What a lovely idea!