Saturday, June 13, 2015

Tumbling Colours


The idea was to start blogging again on a regular basis, let’s say once or twice a week. And then Microsoft and Google started arguing and Windows Live Writer was out. No blogging for me.

I’m not really a nerd or a wizkid so I needed help from others to fix this. Husband?…. too busy. Son?….having final exams at school. So I had to wait. Husband is still busy, son has finished his exams and has made it!

And now it seems the argue is over and it all should work again; we’ll see.

So here is the post I already wrote a couple of weeks ago.

P1000738

Can I say: TADAAAAH ?

Yet another blanket is finished. The idea came to me when I was making a patchwork piece according to the ‘disappearing-9-patch’ design. Would this work with crochet?

P1000727

Because cutting up crocheted squares didn’t really appeal to me, I thought of a different way of getting the same look. This means that in the end only 2 sizes of squares are made.

Squares are joined as-you-go, so pretty soon it was a joy to work on this blanket; never cold!

P1000725 bijgesneden

Again I used one of my favorite yarns: Drops Safran, lots of white, 7 bold and 7 soft colours. But the blanket can be made with any kind of yarn you like, although I wouldn’t recommend bulky or lacey yarns.

P1000732

The border is kept quite simple.

P1000746 bijgesneden

Of course the pattern is available in the shop.

Groetjes, Dorien

6 comments:

Hawthorn Spellweaver said...

That looks amazing!

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful, love the colours.

Sandra said...

Great design, great colors, love it!

Maxine D said...

What an amazing blanket Dorien - it is beautiful!!
Blessings
Maxine

Vinciane said...

Just perfect !

Murakamari said...

Really impressive!