Friday, June 26, 2015

Purple


A couple of weeks ago I got a new camera. A wonderful piece of technology with a lot more possibilities than my previous camera. It is still a compact camera, not a large dslr because I want to carry it with me a lot of the time: a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000.

Because I want to learn how to use it properly, I’ve been making pictures almost every day; making mistakes all of the time, trying to analyse what mistake I actually made and well, … making them all over again.

One of the objects I’ve tried to capture is my knitting project.

P1000920

In this photo the colour looks pretty precise. But then I wanted to make a picture with the skeins, and suddenly it looks like this:

P1000927

I’ve made a lot of pictures (so glad it’s digital these days!) but I didn’t get it right. Yet. I’m going to keep trying until it is.

I’ve never paid much attention to flowers, but they are wonderful objects and sometimes you see something quite unique, like this lonely purple poppy.

Einzelgänger

Groetjes, Dorien

2 comments:

Bezig Plus said...

Zet 'm op! Een nieuwe camera is altijd even wennen.......
Gaat je lukken hoor.....
Steekjesgroetjes, Anje.

Maxine D said...

Aren't digital cameras wonderful - and frustrating :-) Enjoy working with it and getting the results you desire.
Blessings
Maxine