Friday, May 22, 2015

A little bit of everything

 

P1000682

Quite a pile of books, isn’t it? These are the books I read since my last post, and I didn’t read any more than usual. It just has been so long ago.

Nothing really happened, just life; work, study, family, dog,  holiday, books, museums/exhibitions and a bit of crochet every day.

So I guess I’ll just kind of randomly show bits and pieces of these last few months, hoping I can get back to a normal number of 1 or 2 posts a week.

The first exhibition was ‘The Oasis of Matisse’

014

The special thing about Matisse was the diversity of techniques he used. Started as a painter he tried a variety of styles and slowly he worked towards his cuttings. But even the themes and shapes he used there, were also present in a lot of other works:

015

Stained Glass

006

A Woven Wallhanging

The other exhibition I’ve visited was the wonderful ‘Late Rembrandt

Although rather crowded, it was absolutely amazing. Of course I’d seen pictures of this painter before, but never so many of his works together, and that was phenomenal.

Just 2 of my favorites:

031

The Conspiracy of Claudius Civilis

042

Reading Old Lady – detail

Both museums are on a large square in Amsterdam, and only last week something very odd but beautiful was shown there: Waterlicht by Studio Rosegaarde. I was very lucky to be there and although not as beautiful as the real thing, maybe this picture can give you an idea.

P1000598

Then, I travelled; together with my son I made went to a beautiful city. I think you can guess where….?!

Triomf van Sint Ignatius van Loyola - detail (America en Europa) - Andrea Pozzo

Spaanse Trappen

P1000374

P1000325

I made over 400 pictures in just 4 days. I think it is best to leave it at these four.

Last but not least a little preview of what I working on. It’s almost finished, and I think I like it that much that I will write a pattern for it.

P1000678 P1000680

Groetjes, Dorien

 

PS: 2 jaar geleden heb ik een vertaling gemaakt van Jam Mades patroon van een olifantje. Helaas heeft zij plotseling haar toestemming hiervoor ingetrokken en mij gevraagd het patroon te verwijderen. Om jullie de kans te geven het patroon toch af te maken als je ermee bezig bent, heb ik besloten het nog 2 weken te laten staan, maar vanaf 5 juni zal het echt weg zijn. Mocht je dus een olifantje aan het haken zijn, of ken je iemand die ermee bezig is, zorg dan dat je niet voor verrassingen komt te staan!

3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

What a thrill to see the two exhibitions, but particularly the late Rembrandt, a real delight.

Maxine D said...

Oh what a fabulous time you must have had in your travels and at the exhibitions! It's good to see you here again Dorien.
Blessings
Maxine

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Dorien! Great to hear from you and to see you have had great time! x Teje