Monday, March 9, 2015

A fun week


And again it has taken me much longer than I wanted, before this post is written. These days have been filled with so many different activities that I just don’t know where to begin. I think I just write about a few of them, the ones that stand out.

It began with the birthday of our son, and the next day when I organized a family gathering. My family lives on the other side of the country, so we don’t see each other that often, especially now that the next generation is of to college and doesn’t live at home anymore. So everyone came here, and except for my parents who stayed at a hotel, my sisters and their families (including boyfriend and – girl), stayed at our house. We had such a great time. So now I’m thinking of a new occasion to do this over, maybe next year.

Then last Wednesday again a day at the Museum. This time the Mauritshuis in The Hague, where an exhibition is with items from the Frick Collection from New York. It is a rather small exhibition, but the works are fabulous. Unfortunately it wasn’t allowed to make pictures; I’m sorry, but you can read more about it here.

Of course I spent a lot of time studying, and in between I managed to make a new dress. Remember the fabric I showed in my previous post?

003

Very simple, a dress with a box pleat, a square neck line and long sleeves. It is very airy.

004

007

And because there was enough fabric left, I made a cowl too. Perfect to wear with the dress, but also mixed with another garment.

010

Groetjes, Dorien

2 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

What a beautiful dress and cowl, the fabric is a real delight, stunning.

Maxine D said...

Dorien you dress is stunning - and I love that you have a matching cowl!
It is such fun when family gathers together - it is worth all the organising to make it happen!
Blessings
Maxine