Monday, February 16, 2015

A New Start


016

For me crocuses are little messengers of new beginnings; it won’t take too long before everything starts growing again, before Spring arrives.

And that is kind of what this post is: a new beginning.

I can’t imagine why it has taken so long since my last post, almost 2 months!  The only reason I can come up with for this, is that I must have been hibernating in a way. At least it feels that way.

Not that I haven’t done anything, but just not as much and certainly not too much I could blog about.

2 Years ago, I was very happy to have gotten a kit of a Christel Seyfarth Jacket, and finally, I’ve finished the body of this wonderful jacket.

021

The pattern is a bit of a challenge, but not too difficult. The real challenge is of course the steek. In the center you can see the part which I have to cut open. Also for the sleeves I need to do this. And I’ve never done this before, so I’m watching quite a few youtube tutorials about this, and I think I’m going to practise before I’ll do the real job. But so far, I’m totally in love with this jacket.

Something else I’ve started is this:

004

After making yet another pillow for Fleur using the disappearing 9Patch as a pattern, I thought it would be possible to use this pattern for crochet. I’ve changed a little bit, otherwise there would have been 4 little squares instead of the large white square. I like it so far, and of course I’ll show more as soon as I can.

So far for now; at least it is a start!

Groetjes, Dorien

3 comments:

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Dorien! I'm happy to hear from you! This cardigan is going to be fantastic! I have never tried that 'cutting' thing and think I would prefer to knit the fronts separate. I'm looking for to hear about your experience. Great idea for the crochet pattern. Looks beautiful! x Teje

Maxine D said...

Lovely to 'see' you again Dorien - love your knitting, but I would be terrified to cut it!! Love your crocheting - it looks fascinating.
Blessings
Maxine

Liv Myredal said...

It is a beutiful piece of work. It sounds difficult to cut it open, but it works. I use small stitches (2) on my sewingmachine and a bit of zig-zag to make it elastic. Usually it is enough to make two paralell stiching lines
1 cm apart and cut between.If this is scary, you stitch once more on top of the first line. I have never experienced this to go apart. Please excuse my fumbeling english. I'm better in norwegian. Liv