Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A huge surprise and an important question


A little while ago I received a question for using one of the photographs of my Happy Colours Blanket. The person asking was making a series of chapters  about designing with color. Every chapter is published separately, and is also available in an audio format. Of course I said she could use the picture(s). And in our correspondence I mentioned I was already an admirer of her work; her yarns look really amazing.

Now you’re wondering about who I’m talking. Her shop is called colorshiftyarn, and the very kind Erica Heftmann is the owner. Her self dyed yarns look absolutely yummie. Her trademark is yarns in gradated colours, inviting the knitter to create the most wonderful items.

As a thank you, she promised me to send me some yarn, and this weekend her package arrived.

008

This isn’t at all what I expected; so many colours, looking already beautiful in this package.

016

Wonderful Autumn colours, browns, oranges, yellows and greens; such a great palette. I already know what to make with them: a new scarf with leaves and flowers in Autumn colours, maybe some acorns and pumpkins too. I did make such a scarf before, but I want to try and make more different shapes and some actual Fall flowers. Before using this soft, gorgeous yarn, I’ll try and figure out some patterns with scraps and leftovers.

013

Finally, I have a question for you. The Happy Colours Blanket is a huge succes and the tutorial has been used by lots of people to make a huge variety of projects. I would love to make a kind of collage of these projects. So if you have made a blanket, a pillow, a bag or anything else, using the tutorials for the Happy Colours Blanket, I would love it if you could send me a picture of your finished project. If you have a blog it would be great if you mention the URL, because then I can link to you. If you don’t have a blog, that’s perfectly fine too; then I will just mention your (first) name. On the right side bar of this blog, you can find a button “EMAIL”, please use this to send me your pictures. I’m really looking forward to seeing them.

Groetjes, Dorien

3 comments:

Maxine D said...

Oh what wonderful wool, Dorien - like you I think they are marvellous, and I love your idea of the scarf with flowers etc.
They are almost enough to temp me back to my crochet hook :-), but I have so many WIP's now I dare not start something new.
Blessings
Maxine
WIP - Work In Progress

nelleke markesteijn said...

Wat een geweldig mooi Cadeau Dorien!! Nou word ik wel heel nieuwsgierig naar de shawl die je er mee wilt gaan maken!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi! Looks most beautiful! Enjoy! x Teje