Wednesday, September 24, 2014

……… Wednesday


008

Isn’t this a wonderful splash of colour?  I found these fabrics at a huge market last week, and I simply couldn’t resist.

007

One of the colours which I don’t have much of is purple, so I’m always happy when I can find it. The other fabrics I just liked a lot, and it is nice when you can use the same fabric in different colours in one project, so that is why a few of these were chosen.

Now I know, you were expecting another Washcloth pattern, but unfortunately this week life really took over, and I just don’t have one for you today. Hopefully next week is going to be a bit more quiet.

Something I did finish is another dress/tunica.

010

If you look at this photo you would expect the fabric to be a beautiful linen. Nothing of the kind.

013

It’s fabric used for sweaters. Very warm and it’s wonderful to wear.

018

The fabric was made of panels of ca. 110 cm, going from light turquoise via purple flowers on green background, to a dark green colour. The length of the panels was perfect for the pattern.

017

The neckline is very simple; a bit square.

All in all a simple dress to make in 1 evening, although it took me almost 3 days.

Now, the rest of the day I’ll be reading about Erasmus, a very interesting man, whom I should know about because of my study. It is amazing what he has written, both the amount as the content. And I know I usually don’t say anything about more current events in the world, but with everything going on, I think the ideas of this man of 5 centuries ago are very wise and applicable, as one of his ideas was about tolerance.

Groetjes, Dorien

7 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Some truly beautiful fabrics.

Bosch melkmeisje said...

Hello Dorien,

What a wonderfull fabrics! I also love the way you used the fabric on your dress.

Kind regards,
Renée

nelleke markesteijn said...

Hele leuke stofjes Dorien!! Die voor je jurkje is helemaal top! Mooie kleuren en prachtig die bloemenprint.
En wat betreft die tolerantie; jaa, daar wil het nog wel eens aan schorten de laatste tijd. Best eng vind ik dat soms! Kon je die tolerantie maar implanteren ;-).
Groetjes, Nelleke

nerospost said...

Hi Dorien! Your NEW dress and Fabrics are fantastic! Super fabric for that tunic and the other have gorgeus colours! x Teje

Jantine said...

Oh, that dress fabric is really great!

Maxine D said...

Love your fabric stash - such lovely clear colours. Your tunic is beautiful too - great use of the fabric's printing, and it does look so warm being a thick knit fabric.
Blessings
Maxine

Géraldine B. said...

I understand you could'nt resist ! I would do the same !!! Have a nice day !