Thursday, September 11, 2014

February in September


Since almost a month now, I’m trying to find a new balance in my days. Starting a study after so many years takes a lot more than I thought.

For example, the last  so many years, I’ve read a lot, but mainly in bed right before I went to sleep. So reading was something which made me sleepy, accompanied with a lot of yawning. Well, you can probably imagine what happens when I sit down at the table in the morning, with my study books…..

Something else what I did anticipate, but which seems to be quite tough, is the limited amount of time to craft. So it has been a long time since my last finish. Well, today I have a new one and it is the same as last time.

You remember the blue cardigan I made in August? Back then I already mentioned I would probably make another one; I just didn’t think it would be this quickly.

003

Same pattern: February Lady Sweater
Different yarn: Drops Nepal

011

Both the Nepal and the Drops Alaska yarn have the same gauge. The are very similar in a lot of ways. The main difference is that Alaska is 100% wool, and the Nepal is 65% wool and 35% Alpaca. This makes this yarn so much softer. I used just over 12 skeins for this green cardigan, where I made the body and the sleeves 1 repeat  less wide than I did with the blue cardigan.

006

The hand-painted wooden buttons are a real eye-catcher.

Groetjes, Dorien

5 comments:

nerospost said...

Looks beautiful Dorien! I can believe that there is not much time or Energy to do other things than study. Still I hope you find few moments to enjoy knitting etc. x Teje

Lucie said...

Beautiful!
I love your February and button. You can see on facebook
Les Cols Frissons d'Alyzée

She also have great button and give you some idea.
Have a nice day!
Lucie

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful cardigan, the colour is a delight and I just love the button.

Maxine D said...

This is beautiful Dorien - love the colour and that fact it is a wool/alpaca mix. The buttons are stunning!
Blessings
Maxine

nelleke markesteijn said...

Heel mooi vest Dorien! En ook heel leuk om te lezen dat je het met Nepal maakte. Ik ben bezig met Big Delight in combinatie met Nepal en vind het garen inderdaad heerlijk zacht en prettig werken. Ik had al eens zitten denken om er apart ook iets van te maken en denk dat een vest ideaal is!!
Dus dank voor het mooie voorbeeld ;-)).
Groetjes, Nelleke