Monday, September 15, 2014

Blue Monday


Hello on this wonderful Monday. Time just went so fast this weekend, that I again didn’t have the opportunity to answer your lovely comments. But they are very much appreciated, so THANK YOU!!

003

As you can see we still have beautiful weather, and it is hard to imagine fall should start next week. Only all of these little spiders everywhere are telling us that it it really true.

Because it wasn’t possible to exercise this last year, you can imagine my weight has increased a bit (and another bit…)

So my wardrobe needs adjustments. But, somehow I really think I have this agreement with Mr. Murphy I don’t know anything about, because after buying some fabric, my serger  broke down, and exactly the same day the shop-owner went on a holiday for a month. So, finally, last week I could buy a new serger and start sewing again.

011

Very simple, very easy. A blouse/tunica made with a with flowers embroidered brown linen.

013

As you can see the fabric is very loosely woven, which makes it quite airy and light. It’s a pleasure to wear.

I even found an old scarf that matches perfectly.

016

Finally, today a package arrived. I had been looking forward to it for quite some time.

021

Guess what was in it…..

024

026

These blankets have been on a trip abroad. Where they went? I’m afraid I can’t tell you yet! But it was a huge surprise to me, and I will tell you all about in a little while.

Groetjes, Dorien

3 comments:

Monique Koomans said...

Oh, je maakt me wel nieuwsgierig!
Fijne week.
Groetjes Monique

mamasmercantile said...

Loved the tunic top, intriguing to know where the throws have been...

Maxine D said...

Oh yes, don't I know how the weight gallops on (it never creeps!). Lovely top Dorien, and the journey of the throws sounds intriguing.
Blessings
Maxine