The first samples are done!
While making them, I discovered a few mistakes and things to avoid. For example the ‘woven’ piece:
These 2 look similar, but in the first sample I’ve knitted every row twice, which made the sample not only twice as big, but more importantly, I think it’s a better way of using the colours; it looks better.
Something else I noticed, is that the natural light colour I used at first, is great for motives:
but doesn’t work as a background colour:
So that is why I turned to much lighter yarn as a background colour (see in the first picture).
Well, lots to learn, lots to try, lots of fun!