Hi there! I hope you are enjoying a great weekend?
This week I took out my box with scraps. I’ve mentioned before how Fleur likes to move around with her pillow, and you probably can imagine what this means for the cover. All the scratching with her nails ruins the fabric, so I really needed to make a new one.
I started by sewing scraps together on the short sides, and changing the colours very slowly.
Then, starting in the middle, I sewed these strips counter clockwise, going on and on like a spiral.
Going on in rainbow colours:
As you can see it is not as neat and straight as it probably would have been when only using one kind of fabric. But with quilting this was pretty much solved.
So after adding a back and sides, Fleur has a new pillow cover: