Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Scrappy Strips


A couple of years ago, I got a box filled with little pieces of fabrics from my neighbor. She used to be a colour therapist, but quit her job and had all these fabrics in every colour you can imagine. The pieces were all 10x5 cm, in very different kinds of fabric: velvet, cotton, satin, wool, tweed, you name it!
Most of the fabrics were sorted, but on top of the box was a pile in all colours.

This pile I used to make a top, by sewing 3 strips together, and then these blocks.

This top has been lying on the shelves for a long time, because I didn’t really know what to do with it. Until today.

001

I quilted the top quite tight, because it will be used quite intense.

004

I added a back:

007

And after sewing front and back together with a binding and a zipper I had:

011

A new pillow for Fleur!

013

Groetjes, Dorien

4 comments:

Monique said...

Oh, geweldig leuk dat kussen. En fleur is het helemaal met mij eens.

Groetjes, Monique

Teje said...

Hi Dorien! Fleur is so beautiful so she really deserved as beautiful bed! I love that quilted big pillow! It makes also perfect match with the book-self ... like lots of colourful books! x Teje

sue said...

What a lucky dog to have such a glamorous bed!

Simone de Klerk said...

Wat een dropje, Fleur! En het kussen is echt leuk!