Hallo! I can’t believe it has been a week since my last post. But what a week! This weekend we had to say goodbye to our host-daughter; her exchange year was over, so she had to go back to her own home in Costa Rica. All week was coloured by this leaving of hers. She had to pack, and because she could only take a limited amount with her, there was a lot of packing and unpacking, making choices about what to take and what to leave.
Sunday morning we brought her to the airport and with a lot of hugs and tears we saw her leave. We are so missing her!!
In between I’ve been working on the project I started last week. Although I thought I had the gauge correct, the piece just didn’t want to lie flat, so I had to ravel it all and start over. This meant not only a different way of increasing, but also making the chart again to fit in the flowers.
And now it is okay. Even though it hasn’t been blocked yet, I can clearly see the flat square shape of the piece.
Whilst knitting I had to make just a few adjustments, so now I’ve started another panel to see if it’s right now.