Hello! I’m squeezing in a bit of time to make a blog post. Since I started making a cowl, I’m knitting almost all day. It is so much fun to see how it is growing into something I really like. But first I want to show you something else, but a bit the same too.
The picture above is a detail of a scarf I made last month. The pattern is based on an old 18th century embroidery pattern, which I found in the library. I changed it a little bit, in order to make it longer, a bit like a garland. That way it would be perfect for a scarf.
The squares I added, because the scarf would otherwise become very sweet and romantic, also because of the colours I used. With the triangles with squares on both ends of the scarf, I had the idea it became a bit more contemporary.
The whole scarf is knitted with only two colours of Drops Delight (06 and 14). Because of the colour transitions it looks as if a lot more colours are used.
The same happens with the cowl I’m making. I started with the same embroidery pattern, but since it is for a cowl, which is knitted in the round, a lot more adjustments had to be made. Basically, I had to redesign the whole pattern. Again I’m using two colours of Drops delight(12 and 09).
It’s obviously not blocked yet, but the way it is turning out is so great. I just can’t put it aside to do whatever else I should do. Now the big challenge comes. The bottom is quite wide, and to make it warm and cosy around the neck, I have to decrease the number of stitches. To do this in pattern, is not too easy, but I want this so much to work out, that I keep sketching and counting and drawing and erasing everything and starting over, just until I get it right.