Monday, April 4, 2011

Yellow Spring Bag

 

Hello! It has been a wonderful weekend, with lots of warm and sunny Spring weather. I even managed to work a little bit in the garden, which isn’t really something I like to do. No green fingers over here.

Today we celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. It makes me feel rather old but also it makes me proud that we have managed to come this far.

In the meantime I finished the Spring Bag.

As always I started with not a clear idea about how it had to become. I collected a few fabrics and embroidered a panel. Then I started sewing pieces together in a way I liked it. Bit by bit the bag grew. I decided it had to become a messenger bag and by then I knew how to put everything together.

009The front

 

012

The back

 

019

A look inside

 

014

The closure

 

013

The strap

 

010

 

The strap length is adjustable and the bag has an inside pocket with a zipper. It closes with a little strap and double D-rings. It measures approximately 12 x 10 inch, so big enough to put all your stuff in.

 

Groetjes, Dorien

10 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

Your bag is so unique with it's embroidered panel giving it a bit of an oriental look to it. An amazing colour combination too, you're very clever at putting all the elements together!

Jacey said...

What a beautiful bag, the colours remind me of a painted canal boat. Well done xx

Teje said...

Vow you made it perfect - really wonderful and unique! I love that you have mixed so many materials and the model is great!
xxx Teje

elsy said...

thats wonderful...great work

Madeleine said...

it's gorgeous! I've already put out fabric to make myself a bag too ^^

Corina said...

Yellow is not my favorite colour, but this way I love it!

Monique said...

Oh, die is ook weer leuk geworden.
Ik vind het heel knap hoor hoe kunstig je zo een tas maakt. Heel professioneel!

Teje said...

Hello Dorien! Your bag is really great! There is again going on conversation about no-reply etc. Because I have wordpress, some one can't reply to my comments. Could you please tell me how you replied to me!
Best wishes! Teje

Allison said...

This bag is so beautiful, Dorien! I love yellow!

Simone de Klerk said...

Wat mooi! Ook de kleuren en verschillende stoffen die je hebt gebruikt!