Sunday, March 20, 2011

A promise

 

Quite some time ago I promised Carol to show why anyone would visit my town. The first reason that would come into mind would be ‘The Cheese market’. This is organised every Friday in spring and summer, and attracts a lot of tourists from all over the world. As it is too early in the year I can’t show any pictures of that.

The reason I love Alkmaar, is because it is an old city, with lots of old buildings remained in a very good condition, and above all, because of all the canals and bridges. The most famous building is of course the ‘Waag’, in front of which the cheese market is held, but also the city hall and the big church are beautiful. I would say: enjoy a walk on a very sunny Sunday afternoon!

‘Molen van Piet’

 

007

 

010

 

012

 

Waag

 

 

014

 

021

City Hall

Big Church

027

 

024

 

029

 

Groetjes, Dorien

10 comments:

Karen said...

Your town looks like a great place to visit. I enjoyed looking at the photographs and I imagine it must be fun to walk around on a sunny day.

dutch sisters said...

Mooi!

Teje said...

Hi Dorien! Thank you for showing your lovely town! I love all those great buildings and windmill - everyone loves them! Wonderful photos!
Thank you also for your sweet comment!
I wish you sunny week! xxx Teje

Naturally Carol said...

Hi Dorien..Alkmaar looks like such an interesting place to live in, or visit. I will look in my big atlas and see exactly where it is now. I especially love the windmill and your second picture of the big church. I can imagine you in one of the street cafes in the middle of summer with the trees in their greenery and people in their summer finery! Thank you for showing me your town.

anneke said...

het is al wel weer een tijdje geleden dat ik er was, maar de meeste plekjes heb ik daar toen wel bewonderd. leuke foto's!

Maria said...

Thank you for sharing photos of where you live, it looks so old and beautiful (btw I really love old buildings). Its like having a visit to a place I may never get to :-)

creationwest said...

Wow, toerist in eigen stad?! Goed gedaan. Ik vind je groceriebag echt fan-tas-tisch! Echt supergaaf, die wil ik ook wel maken! Ik zet je op de lijst voor m´n give away, leuk dat je meedoet! Groetjes

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Really enjoyed your photos! Such a lovely country, I love it.
Isabelle x

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Mooi die blauwe lucht weer in de foto's! Leuke shots, Dorien
Een fijne, zonnig woensdag! xx

Hemma på Landet said...

Lovely and beautiful.:-) Stina