Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A different kind of Carnival

Originally I’m from the south of the Netherlands, from the beautiful town of Maastricht. And every year around this time, I wanted to go back for the Carnival. But I never could in over 20 years. Until this year. Finally!!! Together with J. We went to stay at my parents house and  planned to see the big parade. So of course I took my camera, checked the battery. But,   , sorry, no pictures.  I can’t show you the beautiful, colourful costumes, the painted faces, the great attributes the people had with them.

Sunday morning I wanted to do the dishes for my parents. Of course I did. But they have this new faucet in the kitchen. And I was being very clumsy. Still don’t really know what happened, but I got a lot of very hot water over my wrist. It burned quite bad.

We did go to the parade, I just couldn’t make pictures, because I couldn’t hold the camera.  Let’s just hope it won’t take me another twenty years to go back, so maybe next year (I certainly hope so).

This didn’t mean that when I got back home, I couldn’t do anything. As long as I can support my arm on a table it’s okay. So I finished my scarf.

1011

It is so difficult to capture the richness of the colours with a camera. But in this pic you can see that there are so many shades from very light blue to purple, and even a little bit of fuchsia in it.

1008

Never  before I used yarn this thin, but I’m very happy that I took this challenge.

1010

 

Groetjes, Dorien

14 comments:

patchworkdelights said...

Beautiful work Dorien! I have always wanted to learn how to crochet...

Fi

Mrs H said...

Stunning scarf, what yarn and pattern is it??? lol
wouldn't mind making one for me ;)

Butterfly Bush Diaries said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you have hurt yourself - I hope it heals OK for you. I'm clumsy like that too - always burn myself on the iron, or bang my toe, that sort of thing. I fell down the stairs the other week (only three or four steps as I managed to grab the handrail luckily). I managed to bruise the whole side of my left arm! Silly thing that I am!!

Get well soon xxx

Naturally Carol said...

The scarf and your choice of wool is beautiful, I would love to see more pictures of Holland when you are able. I hope your burn is healing well and isn't too painful.

Monique said...

Hoi Dorien, wat is het een leuke sjaal geworden. Ik vind het garen ook heel mooi qua kleur. Van welk merk is het garen? Is het katoen? Het patroon is ook heel leuk. Waar heb je dat vandaan als ik mag vragen?

Ik hoop dat de brandwonden snel genezen.

Groetjes, Monique

Karen said...

Beautiful work Dorien,
I hope your wrist is healing and you can get back to taking photos and crochet...

Teje said...

Dear Dorien, you see we shouldn't was the dishes, it may be dangerous! I do hope you get well soon!
Your new scarf is really beautiful and unique!
xxx Teje

Teje said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Teje said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Teje said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Teje said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Madeleine said...

Stunning! Especially with the big squares at the end, looks fantastic! :D

Karin said...

Heel mooi!

Jantine said...

Wat een schitterende kleuren in dat garen! En au, dat deed pijn. Sterkte met het herstellen! Zie dat je al weer begonnen bent aan iets prachtigs?