Sunday, February 20, 2011

Yummie

Hello lovely ladies, how nice of you to stop by (again). Every once in a while I take a look at the blogger statistics, and I’m quite surprised by how many people actually visit my blog. It is a bit of strange idea, that there are so many people reading my scribbles, without knowing who they are. I did start this blog, just to straighten out my thoughts, to keep track of what I am doing, and to try and actually finish projects, before starting new ones. And, to improve my English. Then, finding out that people are actually reading this, is sort of amazing.

I guess every one who likes to cook, has a favourite recipe, which you keep cooking over and over again.

004

For me that is home made pizza. Almost every week I make it, and  by now, the baking tray of the oven is starting to get too small, because the boys are becoming so big, that they eat almost as much as my husband and me together.

006

The sauce is made of fresh vegetables and tomatoes, some herbs (lots of basil), and a little bit of maple syrup. On top of the sauce I put ham, mozzarella, gorgonzola, mascarpone, pineapple and some grana padano. Indeed a lot of cheese! The funny thing is that each quarter of the pizza is different; some don’t like pineapple, some don’t like blue cheese, and some want it all.

007

 

Groetjes, Dorien

7 comments:

Allison said...

This pizza looks so good! I bet the gorgonzola tastes amazing. I love making homemade pizza, too.

I always enjoy stopping by to see what you are up to. You are so creative--it's no wonder you've got so many readers.

Jacey said...

That looks divine!, I can almost taste it.
xx

Erin said...

Any kind of pizza is a huge hit around my house. I think my kids would live off of it if I let them.
Your pizza looks heavenly. We usually make calzones instead of regular pizzas here. Kids love stuffing their fav stuffers in there.

Teje said...

Hello Dorien! I came to see if I find your 'flower jumper' I remember have seen in your older posts....and what I find...my favorite pizza!!! I love pizza with pineapple and blue cheese! I think I have to make tomorrow! Oh it looks too good!
I'll go to find that jumper!
Have a lovely week!

Naturally Carol said...

I shouldn't be reading this post about lunch time...oh it has made me so hungry! yum..

Monique said...

Dorien, die ziet er heerlijk uit. Zelf om 06.00 uur 's morgens toen ik je blog bekeek liep het water me in de mond :-)

Clara said...

Yummy...nothing beats homemade!