Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Patchwork and Quilt Fair

Last week I wrote about the blue cardigan I’m knitting. Over the weekend I knitted quite a lot, but I had to frog it. The upper part of this cardigan has a lace pattern and that is something I find very hard to make. So obviously it all went wrong, and I’m back at the same point as I was last week. So nothing to show you on that front.

In the weekend I went to a craft fair, where there was quite a large part reserved for patchwork and quilting. One of the most beautiful quilts I saw, was made by Mariet Soethout-Mous. It is a mixture of printed fabrics, embroidery, ribbons and little dolls attached.

003

 

006 008

Of course I couldn’t resist all the gorgeous booths with fabric. So I bought some Dutch colours,

017

and some bright coloured fabric,

012

Then I saw the best rotary cutter ever!!

022

Just couldn’t resist those little tulips.


Groetjes, Dorien

3 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

That is an interesting quilt..I'd love to see it for real. Lovely fabrics and rotary cutter..I don't think I would be able to resist it either. I don't know why but they don't seem to stay sharp here...maybe it's the humidity.

Teje said...

Hi Dorien, I'm glad you bought the cutter - it's just perhect for you and so beautiful!
Too bad you had to frog your knitting, but sometimes creating needs that, too.
You bought the most beautiful fabrics!!! I love all of them!!! That quilt in the crafty fair is really wonderful! So full of beautiful patches and details!
Have a lovely time! xxx Teje

Karin said...

GEWELDIG!!!
Wat een moois zeg.
Die stofjes riepen echt naar je: "neem me mee". Kan niet anders!