Thursday, February 24, 2011

Old and new

Did I really say last week ‘Spring is coming’??? This is what happened yesterday

002

Luckily it is all gone now.
When I was looking in my closet, I came upon this very old notebook. It was my very first book, where I kept my patterns in. I guess I got it when I was about 7 years old.

018

In it a very easy crochet pattern

019

Unfortenately I don’t have any pictures of the harlequin made by this pattern.

And a pattern for a witch, made of felt

025

Besides an old book, I got this week a very new book.

61IxgNd2yBL._SL500_AA300_

Lesley Stanfield’s 75 birds, butterflies & beautiful beasties to knit and crochet

004Who could resist a little cute bird like this?

 

Groetjes, Dorien

6 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

I can't believe how cute that little blue tit is! She is a very talented lady to make up this pattern.

Teje said...

Hi Dorien! Oh no for the snow, enough for now, come spring!
Vow for your first notebook for your own patterns - how great that you have it still!
That new crochet book look exiting - I'm sure it's full of most beautiful things!
xxx Teje

penelope10 said...

That wonderful book is on my wish list!!

Juanita Tortilla said...

It's so sweet that you've kept a pattern book since you were 7.
Yes, that cute little bird is really hard to resist. Looks like a great buy!

Simone de Klerk said...

Wat een schatje, dat meesje. Heb jij dit echt zelf gemaakt? Geweldig!

Wendy said...

Have you made anything from this book yet? I have the previous one - 100 flowers to knit and crochet. I've made a couple of flowers from it but found some mistakes. I'd be curious to know how you get on with this book.