Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A little bit of Colour Therapy

 

Hello lovely visitors, I hope you are having a great day. Even though the weather in some parts of the world is quite awful. I know I don’t have anything to complain about in that area, but I would loooove to see a little bit of sunshine. It makes the world so much brighter.

Because I just love colours I thought of a little bit of ‘Colour Therapy’. What can you do to make your own world a little bit more colourful? Maybe some bright, colourful, patchwork furniture?

Thinking of that I immediately thought of Squint Limited, a firm based in London UK, specialized in patchwork upholstery. They make even antique sofa’s and chairs look quite modern.

7-11-squint-patchwork-4

suzies-chesterfield squint

I just don’t know about this bed,

Squint-Limited-Beds-and_16ABA156Sweet dreams, but maybe a little bit to sweet for my taste!

Another great firm is Bokja Design, based in Beirut, Lebanon. The way they match fabrics, embroidery and colours is probably something no colour therapist would recommend, but the results are incredible.

201009-ssv-xspot-beirut bokja Bokja 7

 

Sometimes they use old Middle Eastern designs, giving them a modern look, using ethnic prints and colours.

QuiricoCompany Bokja 

 

Groetjes, Dorien

6 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

Hi Dorien...I agree with you about the bed...all that buttoned fabric is just a bit too much for me...but I adore all the other bits of furniture...doesn't colour breathe new life into those old things!

lemondedesucrette said...

Hello Do,
The sofas are great specially the last ones and the thing that made me very happy is that they are coming from my small country Lebanon :)
Thank you for this color-therapy-post!
Have a wonderful evening,
Angie

Fiff said...

Nice inspiration! :-)

Teje said...

Hi Dorien! This was just needed now in cold gray day! I love those sofas and divan, but yes...the bed is too sweet. Thank you for this lovely moment!
xxx Teje

Clara said...

Wow, so colorful but beautiful too!

Jantine said...

I would love o have a few of those in my house, but I am afraid the rest of the family wouldn't agree ;-).