Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dalalalalala

It helped. It really helped!! Yesterday I kept thinking about how I long for a little bit of sunshine, and guess what? Today it is shining. It is great to be out today, so I took a long, very long walk with the dog. I’m afraid a little bit too long, as at some point Fleur kept looking at me, as if she was asking if we please could go home. Only, from where we were we had to walk another 30 minutes. She’ll be very quiet the rest of the day.

When I was young, my father brought a little Dala Horse home from a business trip to Sweden. Ever since I liked the little orange horses, with their beautiful harnesses. So you can imagine how pleased I was with the fabric Sandra gave me last fall.

Picture 017

The cutest little Dala Horses on fabric.

I knew immediately what to do with them, and this week finally I made this:

Picture 030

Picture 026

Picture 035   

Groetjes, Dorien

6 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

Very special cushion! Beautiful work.

Ruth said...

I love it!!! It's so pretty and folky!!

Clara said...

How perfectly wonderful. Your Dala horse was meant for that pillow.

Thanks for you comments on my blog....yes, we got over a foot of snow! We are all plowed out now though :)

Fiff said...

Well, I'm glad to see that Dalahästen is liked outside of sweden :-)
/Maja in Sweden

Teje said...

Hello Dorien! I love those horses also and I have blue and red wooden!
Your pillow is really beautiful! Adorable horse and amazing colour combination!
Have a sunny weekend! Teje
Ps. You shoulk join the pillow party, have a look at my last post and the button is on the sidelist (if you haven't already).

Maria said...

I have never seen these before and yours looks so cute - lovely work