Friday, February 11, 2011

Blue(s)

Just can’t believe it has been so long since my last post. This week has been quite strange. I was walking through my house all the time, thinking about what I could do, what I should do and what I wanted to do, ending up, doing nothing!  Feeling very restless, having too many ideas, but somehow no energy to really do something. Do you know that kind of feeling? I hate it, really HATE it. I like to be active, creative, doing things. I love to feel a bit of content at the end of the day about what that day has brought. Well, not this week.

I always have a sort of queue with patterns for knitting, so I picked one out, bought some beautiful lavenderblue yarn and started knitting a summervest. This always works for me. Just start a project and after a little while the blues are gone.

017

015

Made a new potholder, I’m not happy with at all,

018

And I started a new pillow cover I’m very happy with,

006

I hope you had a good week, and I wish you all a very happy weekend!

 

Groetjes, Dorien

5 comments:

Hawthorn said...

Beautiful blues -I mean your knitting, and I thought your pot holder was beautiful too, I think that some times you can be too critical of your own projects and need fresh eyes to see the beauty in them

Simone de Klerk said...

Ik ben blij dat je inspiratie weer terug is! Ik ken het gevoel wel. Zo veel in gedachten, dat er niets meer uitkomt.
Prachtig breiwerk!

Teje said...

Hello Dorien! What's wrong with the potholder...it's perfect and really beautiful! You had great idea to make it heart shape!
Your new knitting looks so wonderful, soft and light ... perhaps it can comfort you when you can't concenrate on other crafts. Sometimes there is days that I can't do anything even I would like to do many things.
I love your new cushion also, great pattern - simple and nice for the strong colours!
I wish you sunny weekend! Teje

Teje said...

Dear Dorien, I found one place to add again my email address. Could you please look if it shows to you now in my comment.
Thank you so much for your help!
xxx Teje

Clara said...

I love the potholder!