Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Blue bells

This morning I heard the news about the earthquake in New Zealand. I know there are a few ladies from over there who frequently visit my blog. I hope you are okay!!

This morning I finished my blue cardigan. It has become a light, airy cardigan, exactly the way I wanted it. I even found a few glass vintage buttons with a little bit of blue in them, who matched perfectly.

010

008

005

004

The lace pattern wasn’t too difficult. The pattern I based this cardigan on, had a much wider skirt. I’m happy with this one; not too tight, but kind of slim fitting. The bubble bells on the seam are just a funny detail.

Groetjes, Dorien

15 comments:

Hawthorn said...

Yes, I was wondering how everyone was this morning when heard on the news, hope Christchurch can recover quickly. And your cardigan is heavenly, beautiful beautiful - makes me wish I could knit!

Hazel said...

Oh wow it is beautiful!!! Love it. x

Teje said...

Hi Dorien! You new cardigan is so beautiful! I love the colours and the soft, light feeling!
I was so sure that I had seen a jumper with crochet flowers 'on you' - it was so your style! Now I don't have any idea where I saw it...last summer...I can't remember so far away.
Sunny wishes!

Karen said...

Dorien,
What a beautiful sweater. I love your vintage button detail. It really makes it very special. Wow!

Monique said...

Wat ziet dat er weer professioneel uit. Alsof het zo uit de winkel komt. Knap gedaan hoor!

Naturally Carol said...

So pretty..just lovely for when a lighter cardigan is required. I am amazed at how fast you have completed it!

Clara said...

Simply stunning.

Maria said...

Your cardigan is gorgeous - so light and delicate looking

Gillian said...

Dorien your blue cardigan is STUNNING!!!! I hope you receive many compliments when you wear it :)

Madeleine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Madeleine said...

It's gorgeous! :D Hey, I want one! ^^

Juanita Tortilla said...

This cardigan is GORGEOUS!
Wow, now I want one myself...

Simone de Klerk said...

Kan zomaar een museumstuk zijn!
Heb je het al gedragen?

Jantine said...

Wat een prachtig vest, daar zou ik me wel in durven vertonen! En reuze trots op zijn ook.

rozemie said...

Hoi Dorien, ik heb net je blauwe cardigan gezien. Die is geweldig ! Waar heb je het patroon vandaan gehaald ? Of is het je eigen ontwerp ? Groetjes, Rozemie