Thursday, February 17, 2011

Back on top of my game

After a period where I was sort of ‘blocked’ all the time, I finally got my rythm back. Ideas keep tumbling in my head and I’m quite productive again. The knitting on my cardigan is going great now and as soon as the light allows me I will make some pictures of it.

Yesterday was a great day with lots of sunshine and when I was walking with Fleur I saw lots of snowdrops and crocuses. Even the tulips have started to pop their heads above the ground. Spring is definitely coming.

Last week I started with a new CAL (Crochet-A-Long), with this beautiful yarn, half Merino, half Silk.

Picture 022

It is very thin and that makes it a challenge to make nice and regular stitches.

026

025

030

So far I had two make two parts, supposed to be the ends of a scarf. Next weekend we will get new clues.

And my red-checked cushion is finished!

008

klaar 4

Groetjes, Dorien

10 comments:

Madeleine said...

Absolutely gorgeous yarn, and the pattern looks beautiful! :D

Madeleine said...

And the pillow, too, btw! I love that the squares doesn't fully cover the other side :D

Monique said...

Wat een leuk patroon en wat een mooi garen. Ben benieuwd of het een sjaal gaat worden.
Het aan mekaar maken van die vierkantjes lijkt mij altijd zo moeilijk. Haak je ze aan elkaar?

Je kussen is ook super vrolijk.
Het is te merken, je bent van alle markten thuis.

Geniet van het zonnetje.
Groetjes, Monique

teje said...

Hi Dorien! I'm glad to hear that you found your evergy again!
That scarf is going to be marvellous! Those 'squares' and the yarn are so beautiful! Congratulations for a new adorable pillow! Have you joined the Pillow Party? I love all the red squares!
xxx Teje

Maria said...

The yarn looks, and it must feel, so wonderful.

Naturally Carol said...

Beautiful work..the cushion is my personal favourite..such rich colours and a lovely contrast with the white. I think we all need a break to re-energise and re-inspire though.

Simone de Klerk said...

Prachtig die wol en het kussen ziet er ook zo mooi uit!
Mmmmmm in die pizza had ik wel trek!

Jantine said...

Prachtig garen om heerlijk mee te stoeien;-) en je kussen is top!

Clara said...

Such a talent you have.

Wendy said...

Wow, that is going to be one gorgeous scarf! The pillow is beautiful, I love red with white and this is so fresh looking.