Monday, January 3, 2011

Think Pink

Do you know that, when a saying which is not particular for you or your family, keeps popping up? That is what happened here this last weekend. We did a lot of riddles, not even in English, but over and over someone said  as a hint : ‘Think Pink’.

That is what I had in mind this morning. I wanted to do something challenging. Something I hadn’t done before, or which was out of my comfort zone. I already knew what I wanted to make and ‘Think Pink’ was challenge enough for me today. Pink is not really one of my favourite colours. I hardly ever use it and I don’t have much pink stash.

A while ago I got this address book which I think is quite ugly. It is some fake leather brownish and just the look of it is so awful! But I received it from one of my boys, so I had to keep it. Ever since I got it, I wanted to make a cover for it, so that is what I did, a pink cover.

So I took the book,

Picture 007 

grabbed my pink stash,

Picture 003

and made a cover.

Picture 005

Picture 004

Not only a lot of pink, but also a lot of flowers. That’s enough!! Both are not my cup of tea and I don’t really know what to think of this, whether I like it or not.

Groetjes, Dorien

10 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Ziet er leuk uit. En het voordeel is, je kunt nog een andere maken en als je in de think Pink mood bent, gebruik je deze en anders de andere. Doe ik ook met mijn e-reader. Heel leuk en wisselend. Daar houd ik van (o:

Jantine said...

It might grow on you!

Monique said...

Wat is dat een super omslag geworden Dorien! Heerlijke kleuren en motief.

Crochet with Raymond said...

it's so very pretty! you are so clever with your sewing and patchwork!

val said...

Hi Dorien! Well, I think your Pink Think is gorgeous! I hope it grows on you and you learn to like it too :0) But WOW! Your skirt guards are absolutely Fantastic! I have never seen anything quite like them, makes me want to get a bike!
If you pop over to my blog, please take a peek at my Give Away for the 31st January, I hope you would like to join in :0)
Have a wonderful creative New Year!
Val xx Oxfordshire UK

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your cover is just so lovely...

Teje said...

Hello Dorien! I love your 'pink stash' and your book looks now so so wonderful - and has even the telephone!!! Vow!!! This is certainly my 'cup of coffee'!
xxx Teje

Gillian said...

Very Pretty :)

Naturally Carol said...

The pink is so pretty and summery it will cheer you up on the dullest day!

Susanna said...

geweldig zeg! zo wordt van iets saais iets heel mooi en vrolijk!