Thursday, January 6, 2011

Naughty cat

Hello, how nice of you to stop by! Thank you for all the nice comments. It is always a surprise what people say about something I make or do, and I just love reading them.

Remember the leaves-scarf I made a few months ago:

Picture 129

I wear it quite often and still I’m very happy with it. Someone else in the house liked it too and played with it, after I put it down on a shelf. But she didn’t really understand what it was for, so this is what happened:

Picture 012

I love our cat, but sometimes …………….!
I managed to repair it, so I can wear it again. Never leave it unattended again.

The mystery-knitting is coming along. Still don’t have a clue about what it is going to be, but it is quite fun to knit with beads. It slows you down a bit, and for someone who always seems to break time-records, that is nice for a change.

Picture 028

The last few years my youngest son always came with me when I went to some craft-fair. Usually he liked it very much, and every time he chose a piece of fabric, where someday I had to make a quilt from. He always chose fabric within the same theme, and it were all fabrics with wild animals on them. Because he said he doesn’t want to come along anymore, I thought that was the sign to start the quilt. Don’t have any pictures yet, so I will show you later.

Groetjes, Dorien

9 comments:

Monique said...

Hallo Dorien, wat zonde van die geweldige sjaal. Hopelijk kan je het weer fixen.
Ben benieuwd wat het breisel gaat worden, het ziet er wel leuk uit met die kraaltjes.
Ja, kleine jongetjes worden groot en krijgen andere interesses :-(

creationwest said...

Hi, because I love your website I pass on the Stylish Blogger Award to you! Please come to my website to collect it, with kind regards Imke- Creationwest

Simone de Klerk said...

Dat is wel even schrikken!!! Fijn dat je de sjaal weer hebt kunnen repareren.
Leuk, die mystery-knitting met de kraaltjes!

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

Glad you were able to repair it!!! It is way too pretty for kitty.

lisette said...

ohhhh wat erg! wat jammer! heb ook zo'n monster en af en toe.. grrr! Heel fijn dat je hem kno repareren!

Erin said...

That was definately a naughty cat! I am so glad you were able to repair your wonderful scarf!

Teje said...

Hello Dorien! I'm happy you could repair it, because it is so adorable! I would love to have/make similar! Also your blue knitting is beautiful - how on earth you add the pearles!?
How nice if you start a quilt - I have sewing so much in my mind lately!
xxx Teje

Jantine said...

Silly cat! I was happy to hear you managed to repair it!

Clara said...

Oh my gosh I'm laughing about kitty but feel so bad for you! It is really beautiful.

Thanks for your kind words on my blog!