Sunday, January 30, 2011

Flower Power

Since I was a little girl I have been making stuff. Mostly knitted or sewn, sometimes with another craft-technique. And always I was quite ‘productive’.  As some of you might have noticed in my sidebar, I’ve joined OPAM 2011, and one of the rules is to make a list of everything you make in one year. So I made my January-list. And then I could really see what I did this month. Sometimes you know something just by heart, but when you look at the facts, they can amaze you, sometimes for good, and sometimes a little bit less. But this month I’m not disappointed.

Two more finishes were added today. I already showed you the pink flowers. They were made into another pair of Skirt Guards. And not only the pink flowers were,

Picture 029

IMG_1305

When I started selling the pattern for these in my Etsy-shop it felt quite adventurous, and I never imagined people actually giving me confidence and buy it. But they have and that made me think that there might be people liking these skirt guards too, but not able to make them themselves. So I made them, and put them in the shop. Again it’s quite exciting.

Groetjes, Dorien

8 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

The colour combinations on the mudguard skirts are inspiring...I absolutely love the yellows, oranges and green of the bottom one. It is no surprise to me that they would sell well in your etsy shop!

Gillian said...

I'm sure I have told you before Dorien, but just incase I haven't I REALLY LOVE these fabulous skirt guards, You are so clever making them, Your colours are just gorgeous also :)

lindevrouw said...

very beautiful! I love it!

Karen said...

Ok Dorien, I am officially blown away with how beautiful your skirt guards are! Wow, I love the pink one and think it would make a lovely gift for a young lady. Wishing you much success with Etsy sales.

Simone de Klerk said...

Hoewel roze mijn lievelingskleur is, vind ik de andere toch echt mooier. Heel warm!
Wat een mooi avontuur!

patchworkdelights said...

These are looking so spectacular Dorien! Amazing and I am sure you will see plenty.

Fi

Peter Paul said...

Wat leuk dat je deze foto(s) over de hele wereld terug vindt ;-)

Wendy said...

What a great project! I've never seen these wheel guards before and they're brilliant! Shame I don't ride a bike...