Sunday, January 2, 2011

About a great guy

Hello and a very Happy New Year to you!

We are still having a nice week at home. Lots of lazy doing nothing. It is something we haven’t had in a very long time, and we all enjoy it very much.
Today I want to tell you about a tough little big guy. He is thirteen years old and already has had quite a troubled life so far. I’m not going into details, but I am so very proud of him. He has been rejected from school, friends and society over and over again, because of his behavioural disorder, and still he is a very happy, bright boy who is very sensitive and always looking at the beauty in life. It makes me feel very thankful to be his mom.

He is also the only one in my family who keeps asking me to make things for him. This week he wanted a fleece-cowl. But, because of all the ice outside, I was to scared to go out and buy some fabric. Well, he went on his own! The only advice I gave him was to buy fleece in a colour which would match his black coat and his grey/white hat. This is what he brought home:

Picture 019

After that he sat at my computer browsing all the designs for machine embroidery for quite some time and finally chose one, but he wanted to add something. He designed it himself and all I had to do was make it.

Picture 022

As his shirt already pointed out, it was ‘damn good’.

Picture 023

Groetjes, Dorien

7 comments:

penelope10 said...

Wow, that is great! I see alot of talent there! Nice choice!

Madeleine said...

Oh, it looks fantastic! What a talanted little guy! :D

Simone de Klerk said...

Wat leuk en wat een goede smaak.
voor 13 jaar, alleen op stap ~ en dan nog met zo iets moois thuis komen... Knap!
Blij, dat jij zijn moeder bent! xo

rozemie said...

Het bewijs dat creativiteit in de genen zit ! Je hebt een hele leuke zoon, en maak je niet te druk om wat scholen en zo van hem vinden. Als je wat buiten de norm valt, vang je veel wind. Je zoon vond vandeweek zijn weg, hij zal dat ook kunnen voor later. Trouwens, het is een kenmerk van originele mensen om niet altijd op het lijntje te lopen. Denk maar aan bekende kunstenaars.
Fijne borduurmachine heb jij trouwens !
Groetjes, Rozemie

Teje said...

Hello Dorien! You have all the right to be proud! He bought wonderful material and I love the fox! He has designed it perfect and you have put it into effect so great! I would be happy to have that also to warm me!
Wishes to you and your son! Teje

Ruth Marie said...

What a great and clever young man to choose and buy that himself! His shirt was definitely right! :) xx

Jantine said...

Wow, to the store on his own and designing it too. Very soon he will be sewing his own!