Wednesday, December 15, 2010

5, Favourite craft and a quilt to finish

First I want to thank everyone who left a comment on my last post, or has sent me an email. I am a bit overwhelmed by it. THANK YOU!!! You are all lovely and too kind.

If you would have asked me about a year ago, what my favourite craft was, I probably would have answered without hesitation, that that would be patchwork and quilting, and the least favourite would be crochet. Now I’m not sure anymore. This past year I have been crocheting a lot, and I don’t think I would have done that if I didn’t like it. Next, I have been knitting quite a bit. And patchwork? Not really. There were a few WIP’s on the shelves, and sadly enough, that is where they stayed.
So, my favourite craft? I don’t know, I guess fabric- and fibre related crafts are all favourite to me.

Because I didn’t have any knitting or crocheting laying around, I thought it would be a good idea to get one of those quilts out and try to finish it.

Picture 013

 Picture 020 

Picture 006

As you can see, there are just a few parts to be made.

So I started making the pattern, cut the fabric, and sew the pieces together.

Picture 009

The pattern is ‘The Colourful Quilt’, by Jacqueline de Jonge . She makes the most wonderful quilts with a lot of curves and triangles. Go and check her site, because it is really worth a visit.

Groetjes, Dorien

6 comments:

Jantine said...

Oh wat wordt dit mooi! Ik heb twee cursussen bij Jacqueline gevolgd, één voor de techniek en één voor het ontwerpen. Als ik dit zie wil ik snel gaan tekenen en er zelf één verzinnen...

Stephanie said...

Rich colors. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the sharp points. Certainly worthy of finishing.

Simone de Klerk said...

Wat ontzettend mooi! Knap hoor, die hele scherpe puntjes. Dit is niet mijn sterke kant ;o)
Je stofjes en kleurgebruik bevallen me ook erg goed!

Teje said...

Hello Dorien! You have chosen the easy one!!! That is so wonderful and full of lovely colours! You really have talent and pation!
xxx Teje

Clara said...

So very beautiful!

creationwest said...

*ogen vallen uit mijn hoofd* Kan je dit zelf maken!!! Wow, cool, erg knap! Ik wilde je even bedanken voor je lieve berichtje nav m'n blog! Ik wens jou een inspirerende kerst en een nieuw jaar vol gezondheid!