Sunday, November 7, 2010

SWAP-Update

Swapping is very addictive. Since I did my first swap this summer, I just keep on going. It is so much fun to make something for another person who you don’t really know. By mailing you try to figure out what someone would like, what her preferences are, what colours she likes etc. and then put a package together with nice goodies to send. This month the postman, or actually post woman came a few times to my door with a package from far away. You already saw the bag Sandra made for me. Last week I got this beautiful package from Barbara.

Picture 006

The idea was to put something together with a few balls of yarn and some goodies to spoil your swap partner. Well, as you can see, Barbara did an awesome job! 4 Balls of beautiful wool, a pencil case, a notepad, a pen, a crochet hook, a homemade dishcloth and a bunch of Kool-aid. This is something I specifically asked for, as you can use it to dye yarn. In Holland there is no place to buy it, so this was perfect.

This is what I sent her:

Picture 012

Then there were of course two new squares for my Friendship Afghan.

Picture 044 

Another swap I joined is the Pillow Swap by Dutch Sisters. I had to make a pillow for Stephanie and se asked for a colourrange which I am not really comfortable with. I found it very hard to use these colours and prints and keeping it all together at the same time.

Picture 003

I used a tutorial by Oh, Fransson! and it became a pillow I really liked. Maybe I will do more with this kind of colours!

Picture 016

You simply go on and on with adding patches of coloured fabric, cutting a straight line and adding a white sashing. This way the top gets bigger and bigger, without a pattern or without having to measure all the time. I didn’t do that this time, but it seems to me a great way to use some scraps!

Picture 015

I used an envelope-style closure with a small border in the frontside pattern. The buttons I made with scraps.

Picture 017

  

Groetjes, Dorien

5 comments:

Jantine said...

Wat een geweldig kussen, het ziet er inderdaad uit als een techniek om verliefd op te worden...

crochethealingandraymond said...

Hello Do!
Swaps look like so much fun, I've never done one!
I love your acorn scarf from last post, it is just so beautiful! Artwork to wear!
XXX

Teje said...

This pillow is so wonderful! I shall defenetely use this idea! I love colours with white! You have made perfect work!
Sunny wishes Teje

dutch sisters said...

Oh Dorien wat heb je een mooi kussen gemaakt! Ik ben helemaal weg van dit patroon, en de sluiting met de knoopjes aan de achterkant maken het helemaal af! Wat zal Stephanie hier gelukkig mee zijn!

Gillian said...

What fun!!!! :)

Your swapping looks like lots of fun! I really LOVE the cushion you made it is so pretty :)