Thursday, November 25, 2010

Ietsiepietsie

Every year it is the same thing. When the days get shorter and darker, the weather gets cold and there is a lot of rain, even a few ‘nice’ November storms, I feel rather down. I’m getting very grumpy, I don’t like to eat anymore and I have quite some trouble getting to sleep at night. Sort of December Blues I guess. Only, now it isn’t even December yet. I know it will pass, and luckily everyone in my family knows this, and is kind enough to ignore it, but still.

Somehow, this week there were suddenly a few things to brighten me up. Not a little bit, no a LOT!!!

First there were two very kind ladies, Erin and Angie, who nominated me for a blog award;

 

beautiful_blogger_award1

Thank you so much. It means a great deal to me.

I know it means I have to tell 10 things about myself, and I will, but not now. If I did, it would probably become a list of negative and boring stuff, no one would like to read. So I keep it in mind, and at the same time I am going to think of people I want to pass this award to. (PROMISE)

The second thing that happened this week was a HUGE surprise.  Remember the vest I made a while ago. That was made by a KAL (knitalong) at Ravelry. Last week the woman who had organized it, asked people to give a vote to the vest they liked most. And guess what, I won!!  It was so great, to see that other people liked it as much as I do. And that was not all. There was a prize attached, a fun pack. Yesterday it arrived….

Copy of Picture 001

A big, very big box, completely filled with:

Picture 003 

I keep looking at it, thinking of everything I could make with it, of all the nice things I could do; just dreaming and enjoying it. Thank you Vera!!

 

Groetjes, Dorien

6 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Oh, Dorien, wat een heerlijke week voor je! Zo veel verrassingen en zo veel moois. Enjoy, zoals de engelsen zo mooi zeggen (o:

Clara said...

Wow!

dutch sisters said...

Jeetje, wat een heerlijk pakket!

Erin said...

First off...that is a wonderful suprise and gift for winning! The possibilities are endless.

I too get the winter blah humbugs. I thrive on sunshine and warm temps. I'm glad the award made you feel a little better.

aafke7 said...

hee? Wat leuk! Zie ik een bekend woord en een doos!
Je ziet? het toeval helpt altijd zomaar! juist als je het niet verwacht!
Goed he?

Jantine said...

Wat een verrukkelijke verrassing bij de post!