Tuesday, November 30, 2010

2, and a little bit of spring in the snow

Favourite number two! Today I want to tell you about my favourite moment of the day. My family life is quite busy and hectic, and in the morning when everyone wakes up (or acts like it) and is having breakfast, it is more or less a war zone over here. So, after everyone has left for school or work, I clean after breakfast, I walk through the house and tidy up a bit, go outside for a walk with Fleur, and then………. then I have my favourite moment of the day. With a cup of coffee or tea, I switch on the computer and read some blogs, check Ravelry and dream about all the things I could do that day. It is a real me-moment, and I enjoy it every day!

When everyone is out, I am working on some more presents (I know, it is getting boring to hear me say that), and in the evenings I made a teacozy. Not just any cozy, but the most fabulous design I ever saw. Alice from Crochet with Raymond designed it, and  even wrote a tutorial about it.

Picture 005

Picture 001

It is called a Spring Explosion Teacozy, and of course that name is perfect. In this case, spring explosion in the snow! 

Groetjes, Dorien

8 comments:

Crochet with Raymond said...

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE YOUR SPRING EXPLOSION TEA COZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is truly beautiful Do but I have to say, that poor pot looks like it's freezing its arse off in the snow!!!!!!!! I hope you took it inside and made some hot tea!!!!!
I am soooooooooooooooo excited to see another beautiful flowery tea cozy in the world XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Monique said...

Ziet er geweldig uit. Helaas is breien niet mijn ding.

creationwest said...

Hi Dorien, gave theepot, ziet er erg ingewikkeld uit. Ik ben benieuwd naar je gebreide converse sneakers! Leuk dat je langskwam op m'n blog, ik heb net iets gepost....echt iets voor jou, wil je helpen om het te verspreiden?! Groetjes Imke

Simone de Klerk said...

Wat een mooi moment voor jezelf! Heerlijk, om daar zo van te genieten.
En je theewarmer is werkelijk prachtig! Wat een werk en geduld. Mooie sprekende kleuren!

patchworkdelights said...

Wow Dorien, LOVE the tea cosy, very very pretty!

Fi

Teje said...

Hello! Your tea cosy is fabulous! Also I love the idea you have for your 10 things! It's always enjoy to visit you and see your wonderful crafts!
Wishes Teje

lemondedesucrette said...

Hello Do,
Love your tea cosy! It is beautiful!
and love also the snow all around :)
Have a good warm and cosy day!
Angie

Stephanie said...

I love all things tea and this is a darling tea cozy.