Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Summer in autumn

Just got back from walking the dog and I was soaked! It really is raining cats and dogs over here. It is autumn and we shall know it too!  This is what I see looking out the window:Picture 117

But then, I do love autumn colours, and in the garden I can find some beautiful ones:

Picture 120

Picture 121

Picture 125

But this nasty weather has also a good side; it gives me lot of reasons to stay inside and finish some projects. So next to the vest, which I finished last week, I have finally finished my ‘Summer Granny Afghan’

I made a granny border with the most obvious colours from the different blocks:

Picture 128

And finished it with a scallop-edge:

Picture 129

Picture 132It measures about 32 x 52 inches, which is perfect for a lap blanket on the couch.

Picture 133

Groetjes, Dorien

9 comments:

Ruth Marie said...

We had weather like that yesterday here in the UK - it was really dark at one point - so dark that it felt almost like it was the end of the world!!! It was a little spooky as it happened around the time I have to get my daughter from school so driving down to school felt a little odd!

Hazel said...

Beautiful blanket! Well done on your finish. x

Erin said...

Your blanket is absolutely beautiful.

Crochet with Raymond said...

Beautiful! The border alone was a lot of work! it's just lovely. And nice to see your vest finished! It is amazing and I am so jealous of your knitting talents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Alice XXX

Ms C said...

Gorgeous blanket!

Denise said...

Beautiful blanket. The border is just wonderful.

Jantine said...

Wat een werk! En met een resultaat om je vingers bij af te likken, prachtig!

Allison said...

such a pretty blanket, dorien. it looks like it belongs on that couch. i love the way you made squares within squares within squares. it keeps going on and on. the scalloped border adds such a sweet touch.

annielizabeth said...

Wow, I just love this 'ghan. You do amazing work. Thanks for sharing.