Friday, September 24, 2010

WIP’s

Let me start by saying a very big THANK YOU to everyone who has made a lovely comment on my knitting bag. Although I’m very happy with it myself (and after all is that all that matters), it is so nice when people tell you they like it too!

Although I haven’t been blogging this week, that doesn’t mean I have done nothing. Quite the opposite. There is just not much to show pictures from.
First of all I’ve been making squares for a swap I’m in, and because they haven’t arrived yet, I can’t show them.
Then, I’ve been working on my Summer Granny Afghan. Making a border. But somehow it didn’t work out, so that meant frogging the lot and starting over.

Picture 065As you can see, it’s quite dark. This is what I do, sitting on the couch with a nice glass of wine next to me.

Third of all, I’ve been knitting, and knitting, and even more knitting. My vest is going to be so pretty, but all I can show now is this

Picture 071So many threads I have to weave in. Right now they are in the way of knitting, so before I go even further, I just have to get my needle and weave them all in. Sometimes I wonder why I have this tendency to choose patterns that take a lot of finishing to do; never just simple or only one colour. But then, that is just Do, isn’t it? 

4 comments:

Hazel said...

Love your Summer Garden blankie. This is going to be my next project after the ripple. Well, I think it is. I want to make a throw in autumn colours for my newly decorated RED living room. I was thinking of the Summer Garden. ho hum.. x

Karen said...

Pretty colors on both your crochet and knit projects. I can't wait to see the right side of your vest. Thanks for your nice comment on my loopy rose. I'm going to gift it to a special friend of mine. I plan to make more as they are super quick and easy to do...

Crochet with Raymond said...

Hello Do!!!
Your kntting bag is a technical work of art! It looks so tidy and lovely, great work!
Can't wait to see your vest.... weaving in those ends is a pain huh? Careful about drinking too much wine while crafting... it can lead to mistakes!!!!!
XXXXX

Simone de Klerk said...

Wat een draadjes. Succes met het wegweven!