Thursday, September 16, 2010

The versatile blogger

The most unexpected thing happened to me. I’m quite new over here at blogland, and every time I’m very excited about all the lovely comments people leave at my posts. And now; look what Annemarie's Breiblog gave me:

This is such an huge surprise; thank you so much Annemarie!

This award comes with four rules:
1.Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason.
4. Contact the bloggers you pass the award to.

So now I have to tell you 7 things about myself:
1. I hate spending time on my household, because it keeps me away from knitting, crochet, sewing and all those other nice crafty things.
2. I looooooove to read and I am definitely an Jane Austen fan.
3. I spent way too much time surfing Ravelry looking for more idea’s for which I don’t have time to make.
4. Purple is my favourite colour.
5. I never use a pattern the way it is written, but always change things to give it a personal twist.
6. I hate grumpy people, especially when I’m grumpy myself.
7. I like to sing (but no one wants to hear me!)

The blogs I want to pass this award to, are blogs I really like to read and which inspire me in many different ways. By passing this award to them I want to thank all those lovely ladies for doing so time and again.

knitalatte 
Le monde de Sucrette's blog 
By Elizabeth Cat 
Do you mind if I knit 
Ietsiepietsie 
Carina's Craftblog 
Bearpaw 
Lynwoodcrafts 
Field Wonderful 
Crochet with Raymond

10 comments:

do you mind if i knit said...

Hello Dorien,
there's sooo much crochet gorgeousness on your blog, I love it! Thank you so much for the tremendous compliment of giving me an award, that's very kind of you, and it's led me to your lovely blog. Love the colours in the fair isle swatch, and the pattern. I was looking at a book of patterns just the other day, and saw this one you've used, it's beautiful isn't it. I look forward to seeing how your pattern progresses. Love Vanessa xxx

Karen said...

Dorien, Thank You. What a sweet surprise. I was just reading about you and I noticed we have a lot in common besides our love of everything Knit & Crochet. Isn't blogging the best!

Crochet with Raymond said...

Oh thank you Do for such a sweet compliment! You are the loveliest!!!!
The wool in that last post looks scrummy doesn't it? You are such a clever knitter...
I'm a teeny bit envious at your (and all other knitting legends) skills!!!!!
Lots of love to you
XXXXXXXXX

Karen said...

P.S.
You can find me on ravelry as
knit-a-latte

Love ravelry!

lemondedesucrette said...

Thank you sooo much for your award :) Like you I am new in the world of blogging so this was a very beautiful surprise!

aafke7 said...

:))) wat aardig! dank je!

camille creates said...

Lovely Dorien,
I found your awesome blog through Allison of field wonderful blog and I am so happy I did!
Purple is my favorite color too.
Cheers, Camille of camillecreates.blogspot.com

Sue, Lynwoodcrafts said...

I have been so slooow (not to say rude!) in replying! I am really sorry. Life has been very busy and I have had to neglect my blog for a few weeks. I foolishly assumed everyone else was ignoring me, since I had not said anything new for a while. I only just got your message. Thank you so much.

Sue

Allison said...

thank you so much for the award! i'm honored. :) i really liked learning more about you. i've got a bit of problem with ravelry, too. i have to make myself stop looking so that i can start making.

Anonymous said...

Hello, first time visitor - come over from Ravelry. What a lovely blog you have! So many beautiful things to look at - love your Dutch bag. Am also loving your choice of blogs that you have passed your award onto. I feel really quite spoilt for choice! Thanks for sharing!
Siobhan