Sunday, September 12, 2010

New colours

Although today is “International Crochet Day”, I didn’t pick up my yarn and hook to crochet the day away. Why not? Because the shop didn’t have the yarn I needed for my blanket. They have to order it, so I guess it will take a week or so, before I can work on it again.

Instead I bought some more yarn for my “Knitted Jacked”, the nice vest I’m making, together with a bunch of other Dutch knitters, over at Ravelry . I started with this nice colour green. But then two things happened. First, when I was taking out my winter clothes, I noticed that there already were about 4 vests and sweaters in almost the same colour. Obviously I like that colour, but to make another one, would be a bit much, wouldn’t.
Secondly, I got bored, knitting in only one colour. So I decided to get some bright colours.

Picture 044

I’m only going to use them in the top of the vest, where there is no ribpattern anymore. I browsed my books and a lot of patterns over at Ravelry   to see what I could do with these colours. I made a little swatch.

Picture 056I think it looks just the way I want it.

Have a nice day!

6 comments:

lemondedesucrette said...

Thank you for ur nice comment on my blog :):)

Karen said...

Oh yummy a basket full of pretty yarn.
Your color combinations look great together.
Can't wait to see more.

Anna Martijne said...

Have fun with your knitting project.


Anna Martijne

Annemarie's Breiblog said...

Hi Dorien, there's a surprise waiting for you on my blog. (-:
Bye!
Annemarie

emerson-j said...

love the colours, and ur blog :)

do you mind if i knit said...

What a treat to have found your lovely blog! Your knitting bag is amazing, and I just love your vest made with the drops alpaca yarn, looks fantastic! And your crochet blanket, love the colours in there too! It was actually quite difficult to choose where to leave a comment, there is so much to comment on! Love Vanessa xxx