Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dutch Knitting Bag 1

When I look out my window I only want to stay inside. It is pouring out there, so I have every reason to sit on the couch with my knitting, or at my table. After a few weeks rest I heard my sewing machine calling me. She had been sitting in her dark little corner for too long and wanted to get out. Because I never have to think long what to make I decided to have a go at a new project; a knitting bag. I’m not using any pattern. I’m just making it up while it is growing. It has to be big; big enough to hold a lot of wool, needles, scissors, stitch markers, a pen or two, sewing needles, pattern, and a knitting project.

So I started with the interior of the bag.

Picture 003 At the bottom you see a pocket for extra knitting needles, above it at the left there is a  needle wallet, and at the right a little pocket.

Picture 008

A pocket for scissors,

Picture 009  and one for a pen or crochet hook.

Can’t show more yet; even I don’t know how it is going to look.

2 comments:

Jacey said...

Thanks for the comment about the hat, I got the pattern from Ravelry
its called crochet basque hat by drops designs. It was really quick to do only took about 2 hrs.

camille creates said...

Brilliant!
I love sitting down at the machine with a basic concept and seeing what it grows into.
Cheers, Camille