Sunday, September 5, 2010

Colourful weekend

What a lovely weekend we are having! Every one is occupied with his own things and the sun is shining like it hasn’t in a very long time. It is just wonderful. Does this mean I’m outside all the time? No, of course not. There are just too many things waiting for me to do. Like my blanket. I have sewn together all the blocks and now there is a lovely blanket laying next to me. I have to touch it over and over again and I think the colours match perfectly.

Picture 113

Picture 105

Picture 106  

Isn’t beautiful? It makes me very happy. All I have to do now is make a border. I think it is going to be blue with some extra rows in various colours, but I’m not sure yet.

Besides this, I have started knitting my vest. I am usually use little threads as markers, but I soon realised that this was not suitable for this project. It got all twisted and made counting even worse than it already is. So, I made a few stitchmarkers to replace the threads.

Picture 013

And this is what it looks like when I use them

Picture 025

Picture 019

Maybe a new necklace? 

13 comments:

Jacey said...

Your blanket looks so beautiful, the colours are lovely.
Jacey x

Angeli said...

Je deken is een juweeltje! En de stekenmarkeerders zijn super!

Gillian said...

Oh your blanket looks just beautiful! I loved those squares and it's lovely to see them formed into a blanket, looking forward to seeing it with it's border :)

crealientje said...

wat een geweldige granny!! en wat een leuk blog

Crochet with Raymond said...

well done! the blanket is lovely! I'm so greatly impressed... looking forward to seeing it edged but it is perfect already if you have moved onto your new project!!!!!

Maria said...

Found your blog via Corn Poppy Girl and have been browsing.
Your blanket looks so happy, its wonderful

Deborah said...

Your blanket is beautiful! I'm in a square swap and I need to figure out how I want to connect my squares. You have given me an idea. Your stitch markers are amazing too.

lemondedesucrette said...

Your blanket is lovely!! really really beautiful! BRAVO!

Crissie said...

Such a beautiful blanket and I just LOVE your stitchmarkers!

Annemarie's Breiblog said...

Wat een geweldige deken! Echt heel mooi!

PaisleyJade said...

Love your blanket!!!

Muriël said...

Wat een mooie kleuren in je gehaakte deken, super!!

Teje said...

What a wonderful jewelries!!! I have never used them...wondering how you use them?
Wishes Teje