Monday, August 16, 2010

Knitting, and more knitting

 

The last few days I have been knitting a lot. The sample I’m making of the Fair Isle technique seems to grow in yet another scarf. Being double it will certainly get me through the winter. I guess I’m half way now. The technique is becoming easier, but of course, it is just practising, practising, and more practising. The patterns seem to come quite nice , although I still have a little difficulty with the tension, particularly of the yarn in my left hand.

Picture 004

In the meanwhile I came across the blog of Angeli, and this wonderful woman is knitting socks for children in Romania. Through Ravelry she has made a lot of people enthusiastic to knit a long with her. Because it is such a nice project, I immediately signed up and got some yarn out of my stash.Picture 006

It has been a while since I knitted socks, so I don’t know how long it is going to take me. But because it is raining heavily, I have every reason to stay inside and knit.Picture 009

No comments: