Monday, August 30, 2010

Circles into squares

This past weekend I’ve been making these

Picture 071

into these

Picture 090

Making 96 of these little squares, there was an astonishing amount of threads to weave in, so that was what I was doing today. When I was about halfway, I sighed and complained that “I really hate this!”, which got my son a fit :”Since when do you hate needlework? I’m going to call the newspaper!”  (Luckily he still is a teenage boy, so that was just to much work for him)

When I lay the little squares out on the table, it looks a bit like this

Picture 091

   I don’t think I’m going to sew them just all together like that, but make squares of 4 and then give them a granny border. I’m now looking which colours to use for that. I don’t want it to be too dark, but white is completely out of the question in a house with two teenage boys, a cat and a dog. Although I used yarn which I can wash easily, I’m not going to use white.

6 comments:

Allison said...

beautiful squares! i'm interested to see how it all turns out with the granny border. it sounds like a great idea.

i can completely understand the disliking the tedious task of sewing in ends. that is the worst part about crochet!

Jacey said...

What beautiful squares, its going to look fantastic when its completed.
Jacey..

Jules said...

Such great colours! It's worth all the time and effort in the end, lovely work! I just found your lovely blog through i-crochet!
There is an award for you over on my blog! Have a nice day! Jules

Clara said...

I spotted these squares right away when surfing through some blogs today and I think the colors have substance. I'm still chuckling over your son's remark.....he knows his Mom through and through. It is going to be beautiful.

Crochet with Raymond said...

they look so lovely all together! Exciting!

OfficeTYPE said...

Such beautiful squares!