Sunday, July 25, 2010

Scarf update

This is what happens when the boys have their holidays. I just don’t know anymore how to fit in my crafting nor some blogging time. Although they keep themselves quite occupied, I loose track of time and don’t really know how to keep myself busy. It really is strange not to have the house just to myself.
My scarf is nearly finished.

Picture 012Just a few more colours and then I can make a border. I think I’m going to choose one of the gorgeous borders out of a book I got recently.

Crochet Borders - Edie Eckman 

This is such an amazing source for borders; anything from simple one-coloured, to complicated motifs, with little flowers in or multiple coloured; it’s all in there. It will be difficult to choose from, but I think it will be best for this scarf, to make a quite simple blue border.

In the meanwhile I’m exploring the possibilities of  Ravelry and Flickr , which both have still a lot of secrets for me. It is so inspirational to see what other people are doing with yarn and fabric, that the ideas keep up coming. It will be difficult to make up my mind about what I’m going to do next.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a really fantastic scarf! Thank you for visiting my blog. It's always nice to find someone "new to me."

Patz said...

Hi Do :-)

That book of yours looks very amazing!
And I'm with you on the exploring of Ravelry and Flikr!! I never knew such a colourful world was right there!!! So many things to see! So many more to make :-P
Thanks for your comment on my blog; I am indeed very new to crochet, but completely and utterly hooked (Thanks to my DH who let me go overboard more often than not ;-P).